In Sumbal, a home wall collapses and kills a middle-aged worker
Nadia Farooq

The search operation that began in the Shikar Gha region on Mughal Road after the automobile accident on Sunday has been suspended 16 hours later, on Wednesday, July 10 in Rajouri. On Monday morning, the corpses of a father and son were pulled from a deep gorge.

On Sunday night, a vehicle travelling from Srinagar to Jammu went off the road and plunged into a steep canyon at Shikar Gha, close to the Panar bridge on the Mughal route.


The vehicle’s four occupants—the Director of Finance for the Forest, Ecology, and Environment Department of RS Bali, his wife, and their two children—perished when it plunged into a ravine.

The corpse of Parvinder Kour, 51, the wife of RS Bali, was recovered from the gorge on Sunday evening, while at the same time, the daughter of RS Bali, 16-year-old Mehreen Kour, was saved from the gorge in an injured state and sent to GMC Associated Hospital Rajouri.

However, Director of Finance RS Bali and his son Irwan Singh, age eighteen, went missing and the hunt for them was suspended on Sunday night owing to darkness and restarted early on Monday morning.

On Monday morning, the operation was headed by Deputy Commissioner Poonch Yasin M. Choudhary and Senior Superintendent of Police Vinay Kumar Sharma. RS Bali, Director of Finance, and his son Irwan Singh were both found dead in a deep canyon, and their remains were recovered and sent to PHC Chandimarh.

The corpses of the three victims have been released to their families for burial, while Mehreen Kour, who was wounded and taken to GMC Associated Hospital Rajouri, has been transferred to Srinagar. S. Narinder Singh, president of the District Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, described the incident as a “tragic accident.”

He thanked the police, army, SDRF, and residents who worked together to get the wounded adolescent girl and three corpses out of the narrow ravine following the disaster.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here