Friday congregational prayers were calm under Mirwaiz's leadership. Kashmir, ADGP
Friday congregational prayers were calm under Mirwaiz's leadership. Kashmir, ADGP

Srinagar: Friday congregation prayers, presided over by Mirwaiz Moulvi Umar Farooq, were conducted without incident; praise for this success belongs to both the general public and the law-enforcement authorities.

The Mirwaiz arrived at Jamia Masjid at least an hour before the Friday services under heavy security.


Thousands of people gathered in tears as he was welcomed back to lead prayers after a 212-week absence.

As word of the Mirwaiz’s release from custody spread, people began pouring in, and dozens of security personnel were on duty to keep an eye on things.

Greater Kashmir was informed by ADGP Kashmir, Vijay Kumar, that “it was completely peaceful and there was no attempt to disturb the peace.” In addition to the law enforcement authorities, “people gave full cooperation, and credit goes to them too.”

Along with SSP Srinagar Rakesh Balwal, Kumar personally oversaw the Friday congregation services event while staying stationed at the North City, Khanyar, office of the Superintendent of Police.

After the conclusion of the Friday communal prayers, they exited the area.

Vijay Kumar Bidhuri, the divisional commissioner for Kashmir, described the calm conclusion of Friday prayers as dividends of peace.

He said that the people and the law enforcement organisations deserve praise, saying that “the decision was taken by different stakeholders after calculating things.”

Numerous police and paramilitary personnel were stationed close to Jamia Masjid to ensure the event went off without a hitch.

Numerous police officers dressed in civilian attire were also stationed inside the Masjid.

Metal detectors were set up in several places, and the worshippers who were entering the Jamia Masjid were carefully frisked.

Numerous volunteers could be observed assisting the police in frisking at various locations within Jamia Masjid.

To prevent any incident that would disturb the quiet, police and paramilitary troops were stationed in columns near the Jamia Masjid.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here