The rental house caught fire because of a gas leak.
On Wednesday, August 30th, a fire broke out in the Khanyar neighbourhood of Srinagar, causing damage to a private property and injuring a guy who was inside.
According to the Kashmir News Observer (KNO), citing a local official, a fire broke out in the Mirza Bagh neighbourhood, damaging a home with two stores on the ground floor.
A renter named Bilal Ahmad, he alleged, was also hurt in the commotion.
He said that the fire started because of a gas leak in the rental building where the tenant made cotton goods.